Well, it's the new year and I can't believe how time flies.We have visitors coming soon. Our daughter will be here in two weeks and my brother is coming back for the third year in a row.
The first two years here we would ask people to bring "stuff" down that we thought we needed.
My poor brother hauled down solar panels and a telescope plus little stuff like lint brushes and listerine with him and helped paint the roof and put on the solar panels.... hot water!!! His idea of a good time is working on our house. How perfect.
This year we have racked our brains to think of stuff we need from the states. Turns out we don't really need anything. We are learning to do without. We are just grateful to have water service and electricity.
The only thing I could think I NEEDED is Plax pre- brushing rinse. I really really miss that!
Well, I am speaking for myself. My husband really really needs a Home Depot down here but that's a bit too much to ask, maybe someday.
My New year's resolution this year is to be grateful we have what we need.... food, water , current
Oh yeah , I really need a good juicy steak and a cold glass of 2% milk.
5 comments:
Happy New Year, Good Life! Thank you so much for the post about Living Dominica, and the kind words. You mention that we have met, and I am trying to rub together my 2 brain cells to remember. Help me, will you?
BTW, have you been in contact with Chris Lawrence about the need for books and supplies?
Just be greatful- as Jen says, not fearful.
It all seems to work out even when I stop pushing.
Love- Love Love-
Faye
Thanks Faye. Keep showin the love.
OK I'll bring ONE bottle of plax. I'm carring down a bunch of laptops to give away this year.
Steaks grilled in the snow were good. Warn that cow I'm coming.
David
Thanks David.. you are the greatest. Don't worry about the Plax, Kelly's got that covered.
Can't wait to see you.xxoo
Post a Comment