I've said it before and I'll say it again. We need friends and we are so lucky to have the friends we have here.
Wednesday we had planned to go to town but it had rained the whole night before and was still raining steadily in the morning. Not a good idea to drive in the rain. The pot holes fill up and they are too difficult to see (even though Mr. B has been told he has a PHD (pot hole degree).
So we stayed home. Not a problem for me but Mr. Fix it quickly got antsy. Said he knew where he could get some cement block right here in the village.
"OK,but be careful" About an hour later my husband is at the back door. Hmmmmm, didn't hear our "transport" come up....uh oh.
The road coming up to the house is very steep and slick when it rains. He took the hill a bit too fast and got stuck. (He's shaking his head and sucking his teeth)
Couldn't find a towing company in the phone book.(it's from 2006, haven't been able to get a new one) I think I've seen a tow truck here...
Then we hear our neighbor call up. "what is wrong? Three years driving here and now this? You took the hill too fast!" Ya think?
"I get my army" and off he goes across the ravine and up the hill in the rain and returned less than 30 minutes with 6 or 7 of his friends. There was a round of handshakes and Happy New Years and they all scoped out the situation and then just picked the darn thing up!
So, how many tow trucks does it take to move a vehicle? None... just 7 or 8 really good friends.
3 comments:
I love it! I hope the "army" comes to help me if I get stuck!
There is an award for you at Living Dominica!
Ha ha ha... i love Dominica!! Towing usually comes for free here.. unless of course its a container truck that u need to be towed!!
Your eloquence is soothing.. as is your friend Jen in her blog. I read both pretty frequently!!
Post a Comment