Saturday, December 1

Whole lotta shakin' going on!


This is our third winter here but the first time experiencing a real , honest to goodness earthquake on Thursday, Nov.29th.
We have felt small tremors in the past but this was incredible. The news reports said it lasted 20 seconds but here on the East coast, it lasted well over two full minutes. Our neighbor timed it and said it was three.
We ran out of the house and up our small hill in the back. Why? I don't really know. Where do you go in an earthquake? I know out of the house but from there....
The good news, we have just a few cracks in the walls that are fixable and our friends and neighbors are o.k. alright.
The bad news.... the Catholic church in the village is damaged. We went by there today and there is yellow caution tape around it. The church was built in 1953... pretty old. Same year Mr.B and I were born

No comments: